I began working at UNC’s Reese Innovation Lab at the start of summer 2019. My focus is on Market Research for local journalism and media. Over the summer and during the Fall semester my time was spent working closely with local News paper, Alamance News and Regional media company Curtis Media Group. For Curtis Media Group, I specifically worked on their websites, ACCSports.com and GoldsboroDailyNews.com.
In addition to client market research, I am on the RIL’s Creative Team. As a part of this team, I keep track of our social media performance through analytics. I also work on content generation and creation for our social media sites. This includes storyboarding video content, creating social media posts, writing content and assisting in other RIL projects, such as co-leading design thinking sessions.
With guidance from 500THz, my market research responsibilities included:
- Planning the research approach
- conducting secondary research
- Social media listening
- Conducting in-depth interviews
- Creating/disseminating/analyzing surveys
- Synthesizing themes and creating consumer-based insights
- Producing recommendations for clients
- Presenting the final product to the clients